- September 19, 2019
- Posted by: CSIA Editorial Team
- Category: CSIA Blog
Customer Service Week (October 7- 11, 2019) is coming up very soon, and we want to help you make it the best week possible! This is a wonderful opportunity to recognize your team and co-workers at your service organization.
It’s the perfect time to show appreciation for all the hard work that your team does throughout the year. Although Customer Service Week is happening soon, you still have time to plan it!
Ways to Celebrate
Here just a few helpful tips on how to celebrate, but the sky is the limit when it comes to thinking of ways to observe this special week.
You could have a theme that runs throughout all your activities and decorations. For instance, consider themes like “Customer Service Super Heroes” “Service Magicians” or “Service Champions. You can ask team members to help make or buy some fun decorations, You could also create some festive Customer Service Week pins and banners.
Here is a great online resource that will give you some ideas, along with some products that you can purchase, to help with your celebrations. But if you’re on a limited budget, similar decorations and signs can be created by hand or on a desktop, or simply purchased at a local party supply store. Click here to print our special CSIA Customer Service Week sign!
Customer Service Week gives managers and team leads a chance to stop and acknowledge the hard work and sincerity of their teams. There are many ways to show appreciation but here are just a few ideas:
- Write a card to your team for a job well done—which is still greatly appreciated and can really stand out more than just sending out an email.
- Express appreciation for employees in a team meeting in front of their peers.
- Give out award certificates for different categories, such as teamwork, leadership or service excellence to outstanding employees. Here is an opportunity to also empower and enable peers to celebrate outstanding customer service. Allow them to nominate those who’ve made a significant impact on a customer/client.
- Create a physical or online “bulletin board” of appreciation and post stories about how team members have provided internal and external service excellence. . . or just went beyond the call to serve a customer.
- Reward for meeting or exceeding individual goals, team goals, and departmental goals… This could be something as simple as a ”Pizza Day” or catered office party. If there is a bigger budget, exceptional employees could win bigger prizes such gift cards, a party at a restaurant or a hotel certificate.
- Throw a company spirit or costume dress-up day. Hold a costume contest around this, and award the most imaginative person or team!
- Have teams play games such as bingo, or outdoor games such as relay races.
- Hold a talent contest for employees and their family members, and discover hidden talents!
- Hold a cake or pumpkin decorating contest.
- Decorate the office and common areas with Customer Service Week banners.
- Set up a “photo booth” with fun props and signs for people to take individual and group selfies.
- Encourage everyone to post about Customer Service Week on social media. Use our Customer Service Week sign along with hashtags #CSIA #CustomerServiceWeek and #ServiceExcellence.
Customer Service Week is also a great opportunity to thank clients or customers for their loyalty. Here are some suggestions on how to express your gratitude:
- Write heartfelt thank you cards or e-cards to customers.
- Invite customers to a customer appreciation event – offer free refreshments.
- Offer clients or customers a special Customer Service Week discount, free product, service or a thoughtful gift.
- Hold a contest for customers – such as a photo or costume contest – and give out gifts or awards.
Celebrate with Us!
All of us here at CSIA would like to thank you for being part of our community! We invite you to join us in our own online Customer Service Week celebrations by printing out our special CSIA Customer Service Week sign to put up in your office and post your group and individual selfies with! We’re also holding two online contests!
Online Photo and Video Contest
Join the fun by participating in our photo and video contest! Here is the contest criteria. You can choose Submission #1 OR #2.
- Take a photo or video of yourself or your team. You must be holding our sign and dressed up in fun party attire or costumes! Please email your photos to us by following the instructions below. Note: By sending us your photo (s) or video, you are giving us permission to share your celebrations on our website and social media.
- Share photos or videos in a post on your Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn profile during Customer Service Week (October 7- 11, 2019) Your or your company business page post should describe how you are celebrating Customer Service Week. You must be holding our sign, use hashtags #CustomerServiceWeek and #ServiceExcellence and tag CSIA on Social Media! Here are our social media handles: Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn
The most creative and enthusiastic participant or team will receive a CSIA “Customer Service Week Best Participant” award certificate!
Service Story Contest
Do you have a great customer service story to share? Write a paragraph or two (ideally in a Word document) about what you or your company has done to go beyond the call for customers. Make sure to include your name, title, company name and two photos: one of yourself and one of your team or company. You may also include your company logo. The winner will be announced and their story will be published on our Blog and shared and mentioned on our social media!
Submissions (photos or videos attached in an email, screenshot images of your social media posts during Customer Service Week or your story submission) must be emailed to Christine Churchill by no later than October 15, 2019 to be considered. Email subject should include “Customer Service Week Online Contest Submission”. Along with your submission please include:
Your First and Last name
Your email address
Which contest you are entering (Photo/video Contest or Service Story Contest)
There will be one winner per category and the winners will be announced on October 22, 2019. If you win, and wish to be publicly mentioned on social media, make sure to also send us your profile picture and your social media handles for Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn along with your submission. We look forward to receiving your submissions! Good luck!
Questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Above all, the point behind Customer Service Week is to to take time to acknowledge the importance of customer service, service excellence and employee recognition across all sectors.
From all of us at CSIA: Have a wonderful Customer Service Week!